3December

3December
Maya Video Products, Inc. published an article in the Westchester County Business Journal, on December 3, 1990, which contains some errors. I worked for this company, as a consultant, at the time, and was the only computer 3D modeler employed there. See: http://www.highbeam.com for more information.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Engineering 1988-1990

http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgramsDetails.aspx?OrganizationID=416
According to this webpage, Polytechnic Institute of New York University has had an ABET accredited program in Computer Engineering since 10/1/1989. 
The School of Engineering and Department of Computer Science at Pratt Institute closed and gave out their last degrees in May, 1993, according to publications from Pratt Institute. 
The Department of Computer Graphics gave out their first degrees in May, 1990, according to my knowledge.
Polytechnic University had a School of Engineering that took students from Pratt, to finish their degree, starting when?  I was told that the School of Engineering was closing in 1988, when I first entered Pratt Institute.  So, I didn't even inquire about entering that school.
10/1/89 was when Isaac Victor Kerlow, M.S., Chair of the Computer Graphics program at Pratt, announced the name of the new degree that we had been working toward for over a year, in a thesis handout. 
What he had been calling a "Master of Computer Graphics" was, as of 10/1/89, or around there, a "Master of Fine Arts (Computer Graphics)". 
I never took a single  Fine Arts class while enrolled at Pratt Institute.  As of 10/1/89, I was starting my thesis work and all of my other credits had been fulfilled.  With no previous theses completed or previous graduates, and few if any comparable Computer Graphics programs in existence, I only knew Architecture, and completed original Architectural work as part of my thesis. 

Thesis on www.youtube.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsqUYbyJEA&feature=plcp


This woman used my name to advance:
http://www.design.upenn.edu/news/remembering-visionary-architect-and-theorist-anne-tyng-phd75

I knew Anne Tyng, in 1990, when I was working on my thesis.  I, just, visited her twice in Philadelphia, at her house, and, she showed me the Architecture Department, at the University of Pennsylvania, on one of these two visits.