3December

3December
Maya Video Products, Inc. published an article in the Westchester County Business Journal, on December 3, 1990, which contains some errors. I worked for this company, as a consultant, at the time, and was the only computer 3D modeler employed there. See: http://www.highbeam.com for more information.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Unlicensed professional practice - Architecture 1995-1996-present

1996:
I found the names and addresses of those I knew who were working at Fru-Con Engineering, Inc. in 1995, who were licensed:
Mr. Robert Rice, 166 Flamm, Silex, Mo. (Lincoln County), Mo.  63377 - licensed since 1991;   Mr. Jerome Ribaudo, 3121 Rocky Ridge Drive, Glencoe, Mo.  63038  - licensed since 1989.
 
Jerome Ribaudo had worked in the Middle East, I was told, and, he had a baby, and his wife had worked at Washington University (School of Medicine).  He was building his own house in 1995, and had his own home office in 1996, when I was invited to come over and see him there.
 
Robert Rice is the nearest licensed Architect geographically to my parents' house in Wentzville.  I don't know when he moved there, but, there weren't any there in 1991, when I moved back from New York.  He had an Open House at his acreage in Lincoln County, near Troy and Hwy. 40/64, when I was first employed at Fru-Con, but, I declined the invitation, on the basis of sexual intonations in a home invitation.  I never met his wife and know he did not have any kids.  He decided on a license in New York shortly after I was let go, around 1997, if I remember correctly.
 
I invited Mr. Cliff Parmer, R.A. out to lunch shortly after I was let go, to discuss work and a reference (not to mention my time sheets).  He declined on the basis of sexual intonations? 
 
Who do you think has appeared wherever I am, on the road, or at work, since July, 1996?   You know them.
 
 ADDITIONAL:  January 29, 2013
Most importantly, women working in Architecture are small in number, especially in the midwest.  For that reason, there are women who CLAIM TO BE WORKING IN ARCHITECTURE and/or PLANNING, and, are in fact, not educated or employed in Architecture, but, have worked in Interior Design.  Interior Design is the design of the interiors of buildings, and does not include the structural design.  This fact can be overlooked when hiring, because of the widespread usage of nepotism in the job market - if you are related to an Architect, you can work as an Architect.  In my case, I have an Aunt who is educated as an Interior Designer, and went through the University of Missouri- Columbia program in Interior Design, and graduated.  She was licensed in Interior Design - grandfathered in when licensure was started.  At that time, I had graduated with a degree in Architecture, from Kansas State University, and needed work.  I found work at Hospital Building and Equipment Company, or HBE Corporation, in Creve Coeur, in 1987, and worked there, as a Graduate Architect.  That was when I became aware of a Barbara Fitzgerald, Interior Designer, who was working for a male Architect's relative's Interior Design firm.  He asked me if I knew a Barbara Fitzgerald, and said that this company had hired another woman, of the same name - Barbara Fitzgerald -  they weren't too happy with, for some reasons.  I did not know Barbara Fitzgerald at any job during this time - I was busy with my Architectural work, and trying to pay off bills.   I do not know this woman, at all.  In 1987, she was living someplace temporarily, because her place of residence was Florida, and found work here, in St. Louis, by using my name.  I never used hers.  I don't know the woman. 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - published July 1, 2002, in the "Dimensions" newsletter, by the Missouri Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors and Landscape Architects:

"Kathleen A. Wa r m a n ,  owner of  W a r m a n  D e s i g n  G r o u p  A r c h i t e c t s located in Kansas City, Missouri, has been appointed by Governor Bob Holden to serve as a member of the Architectural Division of the Missouri Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors and Landscape Architects.
Ms. Warman's appointment went into effect on May 1, 2002. Ms. Warman has been licensed as an architect in Missouri since October 1, 1990. She is also currently licensed in 16 other states and has more than 18 years of architectural experience. Ms. Warman attended the University of Kansas and received a Bachelor of Environmental Design in 1983 followed by a Bachelor of Architecture in 1988. She is active with the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, American Institute of Architects, University of Kansas Alumni Association, Williams Educational Fund, Briarcliff Elementary PTA, and the Kansas City AIA Education Committee for which she Chairs. She is also a Board Member of the Northgate PTSA . Missouri statute provides that Board Members shall serve a term of four years or until his/her successor is appointed by the Governor.
Ms. Warman was appointed on April 23, 2002 to replace Victoria L. Noteis, Kansas City, Missouri whose term expired on September 1, 2000.
 
 
Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors & Landscape Architects"
 

 
 

 
I remember reading this, because, at that time, I had married in 2000.

There's nothing in this woman's experience and membership that is any differently qualified than mine - except she is/was a member of the "Briarcliff Elementary PTA".  I still have no idea what the "Northgate PTSA" is, or what Architecture has to do with the "Williams Educational Fund".  The 16 licenses, in other states, are around the country and only count for more money, since, if you have one, all you have to do is fill out paperwork and get another, after you pay the fee. 

And guess, what, the PTA brochure appeared.  I saw the PTA brochures at the FIRST Robotic Competition at the Edward Jones Dome downtown, St. Louis,  January, 2012.   I have a copy of that brochure.  Just, for your information, the PTA is the Parent-Teacher Association, which keeps the adults involved in their children's education, starting from a young age.  Now, who does not know that or has never heard of the PTA? 

That's a public organization - anyone can join, even those who don't have children.

 

No comments: