3December

3December
Maya Video Products, Inc. published an article in the Westchester County Business Journal, on December 3, 1990, which contains some errors. I worked for this company, as a consultant, at the time, and was the only computer 3D modeler employed there. See: http://www.highbeam.com for more information.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

This is YEAR 26! 2016. I didn't know they published the article/advertisement until this year - 2010. That's a 20 year lapse.

Regarding employment at Maya Video Products, Inc.:

my copyrighted work proves that I was employed there and produced work in 1990, as a consultant, full-time for four weeks.

Regarding payment from Maya Video Products, Inc.:

I was hired on the spot after doing a demo with Autocad software; and was paid the student wage of $10/hour, since the job had been posted as a student job. The company had never heard of a Computer Graphics program at Pratt Institute, and I had no diploma to show them, although I had completed requirements for the degree on Oct. 1, 1990, and I was not hired until mid-November, 1990.


The company's hardware and software were new. There were no previous employees, nor previous work, that they showed me or had knowledge of, to show anyone. There were no books or instructions from the hardware/software seller, and I was given their name and phone number, when I asked my male employer.  I have scans of the faxed program, which was sent to the hardware/software seller.  


What was published on Dec. 3, 1990 is entirely fiction and the company based the advertisement/publication on work that I was producing at the hour the publication was distributed to the public. They only hoped for and believed, after talking to me, and, seeing what I was producing.

You don't believe them? I wouldn't believe them but I didn't know they published the article/advertisement until this year - 2010. That's a 20 year lapse.  

The article was published in a Westchester County, N.Y. paper, and, I never saw the paper until searching online at www.highbeam.com.  There is some other place to see this article?  

I find this unbelievable.  I was there.  

I have many, many questions about what happened at this company, right before Christmas, 1990.   Maybe, I will never know.  What I produced for them was technically much more difficult than any work I had produced for Architectural firms that I had worked for, for years, in St. Louis and New York.  I was not paid.  This would be a terrible joke - if anyone believed, in any way, that I was paid for this work completed.  

No comments: